November 9, 2011

Downtown, Public Art and Utrecht

A shot of the street.

I really liked the arches in on
 the bottom of this building.
I think this photo also
shows how hectic the city can be.
Jaume Plensa
The Crown Fountain, 2004

Black granite, glass brick, 
LED screens and water

Jaume Plensa
The Crown Fountain, 2004
Black granite, glass brick, LED screens and water
Crown Fountain is at Millennium Park and 
was definitely my favorite piece of public art.
I wish I could have seen it with the water.
Pablo Picasso
Untitled- Known as The Picasso
Cor-Ten steel

This a huge sculpture!
I have seen picture of it before, 
but its so much larger in person.
This is such a cool fountain. It looks
 like the water is just shooting
out from the ground.

Joan Miro
Miro's Chicago
Steel, wire mesh, concrete, 

bronze and ceramic tile
Such a big television!

Another shot of the busy city
streets.



A giant Macy's!
I don't know what is sticking out of these
flowers, but I thought it was worthy
of a photograph.
I went in and wandered around the
store, but didn't end up buying anything.
They have all the art supplies anyone
could need.
Chicago has everything I could possibly want;
shopping, art and good food.
A super tall and scary fire escape.
A coffee break was needed mid-day. 




Being in Chicago and visiting all the museums and galleries was amazing, but  when I'm in  Chicago my favorite thing to do is just walk around. You can't really get bored when you're downtown. There are a million stores to go in and millions restaurants to eat at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment