November 10, 2011

A Few Quick Sketches

This sketch got a little wrinkly, but it's
 of a building that I faced while
 taking a break on a bench.
 I don't really know what made me
 what to sketch it. I think it's because
 of the unusual way the side of the
 building went in and out.
I quickly sketched a pattern that I liked from a piece called, Les Altheas by Raoul Dufy. His piece is done in red, yellow and orange. When I saw this I thought about how beautiful it would be in a different set of colors, such as blues, greens and purples or making it crazy and using all neon colors. I like this piece because I think it has so much versatility. 
I took a moment to sketch this scene because it seems weird to have all these trees and then suddenly a set of buildings and rushing cars behind it. It is one of the things I enjoy about the city; one moment you're in a park and the next you're surround by city life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment